One January night as we were enjoying a French dinner in New York with friends, we all decided we needed to take a trip together. Next thing I knew we had a villa and plane tickets booked and started our countdown.
Below are the 15 things that I will remember about Aruba.
- We stayed at the most amazing AirBnB villa ever:
- I had my last cocktail for a while……as next day I learned I was going to be a mom:
- So I switched to healthy drinks:
- I touched cacti twice my height:
- And learned that there is an own language in Aruba:
- We drove through a real desert…
- …and even built our own stone pyramid (well, kind of, added a stone or two!):
- We saw what they call Natural Bridge:
- And took a tram ride in downtown Oranjestad:
- Not only a ride, but also a stroll :
- Drove what seemed like for hours to visit some cave:
- And yes, it is a Dutch island:
- Ocean waters in Aruba are to die for:
- So are the sunsets:
- And OMG OMG OMG I touched a flamingo! Not just one, but quite a few. Bucket list item – DONE!
We most likely will be back one day as this cheesy photo suggests:)